Monday, February 10, 2014

Blog was Closed Due to Birthday Trauma

Sorry I  haven't been around since Friday. But I had to take a break.

It was my birthday on Friday, and I turned sixty.

I don't know how that happened. I've checked the calender many times, and I reckon it's right.

I don't know  how much longer I'll be able to blog, gettin' so old and all, but I'll try to carry on for a little longer. If the text gets all wobbly and whatnot, you'll know it's the palsy from advanced age. I didn't want you worrying about your computer, thinking it was on the blink.

One of Mother's friends, who is eighty-seven, called and asked me how it felt to be sixty.

Me: "I don't know. I'm still in shock."

Her: (laughing): " It's been so long since I was sixty, I thought I'd ask somebody who might know."

Everything is always about perspective, isn't it?

Which reminds me of a conversation I read. The discussion was about people in Heaven, and if they knew what was going on right now on Earth.

The person questioning was saying they couldn't possibly, because how could they be happy if they saw what a mess we were in down here?

And the writer answered by saying their perspective would be quite different.

I imagine so.

So, here's the deal. I've got a thoughtful blog coming up tomorrow, if I have electricity. I really would like input on it, if you have electricity.

Storm's a'comin', they say.

So go out there and buy that bread and milk. But on second thought, hold off on the milk unless you have a generator.


No comments :

Post a Comment