Saturday, February 15, 2014

Blame it on the Folks

During this harsh winter, when there have been hours at a time that we have been unable to leave our house, we have found relief.

We eat.

I was a bit apprehensive when putting on my jeans yesterday for fear they wouldn't meet in the  middle. I have been watching myself practically balloon out this past week.

They did fasten, and to town we went.

But, truly, we have cooked and eaten like there was no tomorrow. Does snow increase the appetite?

Salmon, chicken, steak, pork chops, spaghetti, vegetable lasagna, taters, corn, beans, peas. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

I do believe it's obvious whose fault this is, however: our folks.

Did they not have to fatten up during the winter months for the onslaught of hard labor come spring and summer?

Look at what all you will have to do when springtime finally peers over the horizon and smiles.

You'll have to- um - cut some fresh flowers to bring into the house. Pay the yard boys for mowing and stuff. Open a window to let in fresh air. Close the window so you can stop sneezing and call the cleaning lady to dust and vacuum all the pollen off everything. And you probably have a library book or two that needs returning.

See what I mean.

All the fault lies with our folks.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

No comments :

Post a Comment