Thursday, February 27, 2014

If You're Ever Up a Tree, Call on Me

I am grateful for all the friends I have. Some have been "mine" all my life.

I have 'lifers', whom I don't remember living without, because we were infants together and now are geriatrics. (Shut up.)

I have grade school friends, who came into my life because of school closings and mergers or parents moving them here.

One of these grade school friend still works, (boo), but we see each other as often as possible, which is to say five or six times a year. And we live in the same little town!

That doesn't mean we don't keep in touch all the time.

Thanks to telephones, e-mail and Internet, it's a pretty constant thing. And if we need one another, if someone in our family is in trouble, we are johnny on the spot if we can be.

And if there is a new found great book, honey, move out of the way! It's 9-1-1 time to reach her.

We give each other advise.

She was talking about the prejudices we may or may not have, and she was wondering about one in particular. Was it a prejudice, or was she doing the right thing? We talked it over. I hope I helped.

She talked me through how to kill, gut, skin, and cook a squirrel or rabbit.

And in these days and times, I'm telling you:

I'm not sure which was the most valuable conversation.

Friendship: Helping each other in a vast array of ways.

No comments :

Post a Comment