Friday, February 14, 2014

Let's Get Newsy, Shall We?

Did ya'll know it's supposed to snow up to two inches tonight? 

Do NOT shoot the messenger. Not even with one of them stupid little cupid arrows that is oh so popular on this historic day of the year.

Did ya'll know I was almost a Valentine's baby?

That's right. Born a week earlier, Mother said every gift she received from flowers to cards had something to do with Valentine's Day.

Most of  ya'll don't know I spent the biggest bulk of today at a doctor's office. Daughter to the left of me, Mother to the right.

I was done having me some serious back pain, so you can imagine what sitting in those really expensive plastic chairs that doctor's offices spend so much on for two and one half hours did for me.

Cured me right up, you say, laughing.

May a pox be on your head.

Speaking of poxes, (or is it poxi?) Mother had shingles more than a year ago on her head and around her eye.

She was seeing this doctor for a terrible inflammation of her colon she suffered a few weeks back, and he was diligently trying to get to the root of what was wrong.

But  you'll never guess what Mother wanted to talk about.

At first he tried to interrupt, but he finally saw the futility of this when that woman gets on a roll, so he subsided and just hung his head and said, "Okay."  Silence from him, talking from Mother. "Okay." Silence from him, talking from....well, you get the picture.

She ended all her history of ailments with a question and he brightened up. "First," he said, "You must answer my question." 

Poor thing. He walked right into that one.

So he finally (did I mention two and one half hours) sent us on our merry way to have blood drawn from Mother.

He asked her if it was okay if, when he found out the blood results for her and another test already done on Daughter, if he could just call me.

They both said yes. He looked unbelievably relieved.

Then he turned to me and said, "Call me Monday and remind me to call you Monday."

Did I mention the doctor is a man?

Lord!

Of course, I want Daughter and Mother to be medically fine. I want all their ailments to desist. I don't like people I love suffering.

I love me pretty good, too. I don't like my suffering either.

So, I'll call the doc Monday and remind him to call me Monday.

And we'll see where we go from there.

Meanwhile, where's the hot pad and the muscle relaxants?

No comments :

Post a Comment