Friday, February 7, 2014

In Memory

Of a bunch of chickens.

PETA, PETA, PETA.

What about in memory of all the people out there?

I know there are some memorials. It's far better than the homemade crosses and flowers that begin to look pretty worn quickly due to weather.

But let's think on this here a minute.

I guess PETA people are vegans.

Unless, of course they  just pick a cause, any cause, and go with it.

But don't they know they made most people laugh and shake their heads?

I admit to being hypocritical. I don't hunt, don't like to think about hunting, don't like to read or hear about hunting.

But I love me some fried chicken, a good steak, or tenderloin between my biscuits.

Bambi is my friend.

But I also know clearly that if I became hungry and had to provide out here in the wilderness with no Piggly Wiggly, I'd eat Bambi.

There, I said it.

I am very tender hearted. I have pets. I can't stand to see pets mistreated. If I saw someone beating a horse I'd likely have to be held back to keep from putting the whip to the man's back.

But I would never, in a million  years, think of putting up a ten foot memorial because a bunch of chickens got killed in a wreck.

The only time (so far) I have agreed with our present president is when he killed a fly while he was on air because it was buzzing around his face. PETA attacked him for it.

I've read some other really interesting stuff they've thrown at folks, accusing them of cruelty.

These people need to find something to do.

I hope they do some good stuff, and if they do, I wish they'd just stick to that.

But I will say one thing:

Foghorn Leghorn would be proud.

No comments :

Post a Comment