Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmases Before This One Heading Our Way

There are very few Christmases in my life when it snowed on that very day.

I remember a few, one being just a couple of  years back, and if you lived here, you certainly haven't forgotten it!

We had a dusting once when Daughter was four or so, and it snowed all Christmas Day, which made for a pleasant atmosphere while gazing out the window.

Maybe half a dozen times (maybe not) besides these, there has been a bit of snow - a flurry, a dusting, a this or that.

So, why is it when I think of Christmas shopping, Christmas Trees, Christmas decorations, Christmas Day for Heaven's sake, I always think of snow?

Many secular Christmas songs have snow dotted hither and yon throughout the verses, and  you know many people (maybe even you) flock their Christmas tree so that it looks as though it has been snowed upon. (If it did, wouldn't that mean you needed to turn up  your thermostat a little?)

I doubt, like almost one hundred percent, that the first Christmas had snow. I mean, I know God can do anything, and I ain't saying it for sure didn't snow that day, just that I kinda doubt it.

So here's to sleigh bells, jingle bells, horse sleighs dashing through the snow, snowflakes on your eyelashes, snowmen in the yard, snow cream in a bowl and blizzards only at the Dairy Queen.

But, really, wouldn't a little snow this  year be nice?

No comments :

Post a Comment