Saturday, December 28, 2013

Bad News Day

My family is having a bad news day.

Daughter's test results (read biopsy) came back with pre-cancerous cells present, and now a consultation with a doctor is in order to determine what course to take.

Brother of Many Surgeries awoke at 4:30 this morning with chills and muscle aches. Even though he got a flu shot, he has the flu.

As you know from previous blog, I have had a pitiful week too, but in light of the aforementioned news, it doesn't matter.

We are not to worry. Jesus said, "Be anxious for nothing." He wasn't foolin' around, He was serious.

I read just this morning, before I knew bad news was a'comin', this quote: "Stop worrying. It's like praying for something you don't want."

So, I am trying not to worry.

But as my favorite philosopher in the whole wide world said, "There is no try. Only do." *

Or, in this case, do not.

I have decided I'm going upstairs, get the heating pad, lie down for a few, and read.

Reading always makes things better, no?

At least till you put the book back down.

*Yoda

No comments :

Post a Comment