Friday, December 27, 2013

A Hissy Fit Kind of Day

I came this close to having me a hissy fit this morning.

I had an eleven o'clock appointment with an established business in a neighboring town to sign a contract. I had the number of  my books they had requested in the backseat. Husband had braved the cold this morning to count them out and place them in the car.

Not to whine (shut up), but I've had a bad spell with what my doctor calls "break through pain". I won't go into details, but I've been, on a scale from one to ten, an eleven on the pitiful scale.

So, it took an effort to get up and get pretty (I said shut up) and get to the appointment -

To find the lights were out and the doors were locked. The sign said the store was open.

I beg to differ.

Husband went next door to inquire if they knew where the owner was, and they indicated there was a rather lax method of being open to that store, and no one ever really knew when they would be open.

Boy, that's a way to make your first million, ain't it?
Now, this isn't the first inconvenience, although it is the most annoying, that I've experienced with the owner. Scattered, spaced out in conversation, not seeming to know quite what's going on, you know the type of person. It seems to take the light bulb a little longer to switch on. But I am patient with most folks, and felt I could continue to be patient.

I am usually slow to anger, which is a good thing.

But my temper, once started, is not a good thing.

I am better than I was in my youth, but still, once the trigger is pulled, the bullet is deadly.

I do think I used restraint in my telephone message explaining I was there for an eleven o'clock scheduled appointment and they weren't.

My tone wasn't pleasant, but my words were professional.

It wouldn't have been so bad if I had been pain free.

Ah, well. Live and learn.

Dollars to doughhuts, he'll never even listen to to the voice mail.

1 comment :

  1. You did good lady! Slow to anger is biblical:)

    ReplyDelete