Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What a Day This Has Been....So Far!

You know, you plan a day. Right? I mean, is that so bad? Sheesh.

First off, I went to bed not feeling well...like I had a low fever, runny nose, throat sorta sore - not really sick, but not all that great either. And I still feel that way today.

And I'm worried sick about my child. Yes, I know she's twenty-two, so what? Her throat is swollen almost shut, there is white nastiness on  her tonsils. And these symptoms flared up WHILE she was on antibiotics! She is exhausted all the time.

Doctors say it's strep, no it's  not, it's the mono recurring, no it's not, it's tonsillitis,  no it's not. Last time this doctor said it was strep and mono, but when I got the paperwork it said influenza.This time he said the cultures from two weeks ago had no pathogens. But then wrote on the paper tonsillitis! And recurring. What??? She's had tonsillitis once in her life.

Boy, I love doctors.

And these are the people who want to do surgery on my child!  Stand back. I have a gun!

So, I've waited too long to eat breakfast this morning. As I start into the kitchen, I hear the lovely noise that means our dog is having a big old seizure. In the middle of the living room rug, no less. I try to get the coverlet under her bottom, but she has already let loose her bladder.

Our living room now looks like we are having a sock hop this evening. rug is pulled back drying, chairs, tables, etc. are up against the wall.

Filter had to be changed on the well water, so of course, we had no water for a while. Right in the middle of laundry day.

I decided to make bar-be-cue chicken today. Went to the freezer. We don't have any chicken.

And, hey! It's supposed to snow again tonight.

So, get here early!

 You don't want a little snow to interfere with the sock hop, do you?

No comments :

Post a Comment