Monday, March 11, 2013

Riddle of the Day

Riddle: When does dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and cleaning the toilet sound like a really fun day?
Answer: When you have to get your taxes ready.

I have put it off as long as I can. So I have been running (okay, gimping) around gathering bank statements and W-2 thingies and interest stuff and uninteresting stuff like an ancient harvester run amok.

Of course, I don't actually do our taxes.

I don't look good in orange.

I listen to well meaning friends tell me I need to go on-line and just fill those forms out instead of paying an accountant to do my taxes.

I nod and smile, thinking all the time, "You won't look that great in day-glow orange, either." But I just smile and nod. It's futile to argue, their minds are made up,  you can tell by that smug look on their face.

We itemize, plus I have the business end of my writing (that's a terrible thing to say, that right there is.) I don't even want to think about trying to put a bow around that mess and send it to our darling government.

So, here I go.

Pray for me.

If you don't hear from me in three days, send somebody after me.

Preferably a CPA.

No comments :

Post a Comment