Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day Two...

Today, I will finish tax preparation. Even if it kills  me, and it most likely will.

The  mirror reflects a haggard expression in the eye, a pale face, stooped shoulders and a shuffled gait.

I have that haunted, hunted look.

I hardly ate at all yesterday. Only a deli turkey sandwich (with pop chips), a baby spring lettuce, tomato, and onion sandwich (with pop chips) and a banana sandwich (with ruffled chips). Oh, and three or four pretzels dipped in white chocolate.

That's very sad.

There's a fine tremor to my hands that wasn't there before, and I know holding the pen will be even more difficult today.

Numbers and feared results have made me quake with anxiety.

 I probably need to see somebody.

It has even affected my cat,  Eli. He was sound asleep, lying just on the edge of the paperwork, when he suddenly jumped up, went into fight stance, bared his teeth, laid back his ears, and  hissed like the hounds of hell were right there in the kitchen.

It was really the tax man, but who can tell the difference?

1 comment :

  1. Well, at least your don't have time pressures, good on ya for doing it now.
    We have had to file the last two years from outside the USA. I use an online tax prep site that only costs about $15 for e filing state and fed. Email me if you want to try it. Once you have your stuff, it is pretty easy to use.

    But I thank you for paying our bills!!

    ReplyDelete