Friday, March 8, 2013

Bird Song

Several years ago I went rushing out of the house to get to my car to go to work. It was about 7:30 in the morning. But by the time I got to my car, I was frozen in place.

We live in the woods, and at that time it was mostly our house and no one else.

It was in the fall of the year, the  morning was cool.

Suddenly, there was a bird singing in a tree, then another joined it. Within a few seconds, hundreds of birds began to sing.

I have  never heard anything like it. I was in surround sound bird song, a symphony straight from the good Lord.

I flung my head out and my arms up and absorbed it as intensely as I could. Tears filled my eyes. I not only heard the music, I felt it.

Believe it or not, I never saw a single bird. They were all high up in the trees, I guess.

The singing lasted a minute or two, and then gradually the numbers lessened until there was no more singing, just the usual twitter here and there.

I suppose it was a group migrating for the winter.

I wish I could have seen them. 

But then again, maybe not.

There is no way they could have lived up in looks compared to the way they sounded.

A symphony from God or a prayer to Him.

It sure sounded like praise to me.

No comments :

Post a Comment