Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Rambling


It's not everyone who can say they sang in a backup trio for a very famous group.

I can say that because I did. That group happens to be someone you will recognize instantly. 

Veggie Tales.

Please, please, hold your adulation for later. I get enough of that stuff from my neurologist when he looks at my x-rays. (Because I'm still walking around.)

Yeah, I've done a lot of really cool stuff.

I role played (many years ago, when I was in my twenties) an angry, rebellious teenager.  I did such a good job the rest of the folks attending the workshop didn't believe I was just pretending. I tried to tell them what a nice person I was, and had never, ever behaved that way as a teen. But they never really believed me. It was a very uncomfortable rest of the week. They mostly avoided  me. Sheesh.

I've fallen up the stairs, down a mountain, tripped over my own two feet (and yours too if you get close enough). I've run into walls, furniture, other people and cars.

I've talked to some famous people and people who haven't bathed in years. (and no, they weren't the same people)

I've sung in front of a lot of people, and I've sung in the shower. Guess where I did  my best singing?

I've loved, I've been loved. I've cried and laughed and laughed till I cried. 

I have had great joy in my life, and I have had great sadness in my life. Lots of pain, but a lot of pleasure, too.

So, what am I trying to say here? 

Just that we are a lot alike, aren't we?

Well, except for the Veggie Tale part...

No comments :

Post a Comment