Thursday, February 4, 2016

Coming Up For Air

If you know me, you know we have spent the last week at a hospital. 

Mother was quite ill with a U.T.I./bladder infection named e-coli. She was fed lots of I.V. antibiotics and was sent home with more to take for ten days. 

But the doctors are more concerned over the four narrowing places in her small intestine than the infection, which they cleared up. 

They tell us she really needs surgery, but they are willing to try a very rigid diet first to see if this will prevent surgery.

Lord knows, we want to prevent surgery on an 86 year old woman. 

But: No more okra. No more tomatoes. No more cornbread. No more squash. No more onion. How cruel can they be?

Of course, there are a lot of foods she can have, and we have all agreed she will look at what can I have versus what I can't have. 

The good news is she has to eat six times a day.

Other Brother came down with a respiratory thing and had to drop out of the hospital stays. 

The rest of us (at least me, anyhow) are exhausted.

I won't talk about my pain, because I ain't got room on this blog.

But during this week long siege, my house became a wreck. After all, you come home long enough to shower and change into clean clothes, but you aren't there long enough to clean the bathroom or wash  your dirty clothes. You are there long enough to eat a bowl of something, but not there long enough to wash the dishes. 

And speaking of dishes, while we were still in the month of January, my dishwasher quit working. I took a moment to call the repairman and he can fix it - February 9. 

And the fish died.

But at least Mother is home, a plan of action has been laid, we got some clothes washed, and even a dish or two.

I reckon we'll get another fish soon.

Keep praying, folks.

Lord knows we need it.

No comments :

Post a Comment