Saturday, May 24, 2014

I'm Givin' It Up!

I swan, I am givin' up house cleanin' forever.

A few months ago we decided to have the tabletop of our kitchen table redone. After twenty-seven years of meals, bill paying, card playing, board games, homework, and propped elbows during intense conversations, there were places that were worn to the bare wood.

So, off it went. We hauled my work table from the sun room and dumped everything in there in baskets and buckets and on the floor. Chaos ruled.

The tabletop came back a few days ago. We let it air out some because there was still a faint odor and we plain didn't have time to fool with it all.

Today, we (meaning I) decided the time had come to get order back in the house.

This meant taking apart the table we'd been using to put back into the sun room. This table is very old and hand made, so if you take it apart and don't pay attention, it's very hard to get back together, one piece does not go anywhere at all, it goes one place.

Everything had to be moved out of the way. You have no idea.

The kitchen table had to be moved back into the kitchen and returned to its pedestal.

Then everything had to be put back in its place, out of buckets and baskets and floor and "I wonder where that is...."

The more we did, the more I saw needed doing.

It ain't worth it.

See, if you never get started, it's easier to gloss over the whole mess and ignore it.

Holy cow! How could I live in this nasty environment?

Oh! Daughter just brought in a meatball sub.

Things are looking up already.

No comments :

Post a Comment