Monday, May 20, 2013

It's Been Monday All Day

First of all, we had to have the White Boys (Frost and Eli) at the vet between 8:00 and 8:30 this morning. Frost growled, snarled, hissed and bit at us while we shoved his fat butt into the carrier.

Which broke.

Husband had to get wire to wire the door shut, and I had to huff and puff and work on the little thingies that turned just so in order for the top not to separate from the bottom, hurting my back and shoulder in the process, because I am a WIMP.

Of course, Husband was late getting them there, but they were sympathetic, having dealt with us before. And Frost continued to act like a beast and got his rear end sedated. HA!

We went walking when Husband got back, and despite the pleasant surroundings, it was more of a chore than pleasure, because of the pain I was in.

My batteries died in my camera, just when I had a great picture to take.

We  had to move a piece of furniture back against the wall. The reason it was out from the wall is too complicated to go into here, let's just say: cat.

Husband banged his head on the window seal, and thinking he'd die any minute, took it out on Daughter who had been muttering unpleasant things under her breath.

Daughter had to have two new tires on her car because one kept going low, and they were too slick anyway. Guess how much that cost?

My prescription refill had expired, and I'm not supposed to go without this medicine, so there was the rigamarole of calling the doctor's office, who doesn't believe in people answering the  phone. Oh, no. It's a complicated mess of pushing number after number and then getting a voice mail.

My nail polish chipped.

I can't seem to do anything with my hair, either.

Then Daughter casually mentioned over dinner that last night "my computer was making funny noises."

A moment of silence here, please.

This is the computer that has all work stored in it, the one I write my books on, my poetry, my short stories, my every precious thought. Okay, maybe it ain't all that precious, but still.

So I hobble out to the studio and there's a  nice blue screen telling me that a fatal error occurred causing 02394-1938457324zxx n0998.  Followed by physical memory being dumped. Physical memory now dumped.

WHAT????

I dialed the computer place, whimpering. They said (get ready) to bring it in.

Husband just left, hard drive in the seat. He'll bring back the White Boys who will be ticked off for the rest of the afternoon.

Join the club, boys, join the club.

No comments :

Post a Comment