Friday, May 24, 2013

In Search Of....

Husband sometimes takes an inordinate amount of time to get ready to go somewhere.

Yesterday, it was getting ready to go to the dump.

Don't ask.

However; one of the things that stalled him out for this trip was the loss of my car keys. (Does that sound familiar? No? Read previous blogs.)

"Lock yourself in when I leave." Husband hollers from the foyer.

"Okay. Where did you put my keys?" We'd driven my car earlier to go to our walking place.

"They are on your nightstand!" Husband said triumphantly.

"Nope."

"The dresser?"

"Nope. Not on the desk or your nightstand either."

"I guess I left them in my dirty pants."

"Nope."

"Okay, I'll look down here."

Minutes pass. I hear him coming up the stairs.

"They aren't down there. Are you sure they aren't in my dirty pants?"

"Yes. Maybe you left them in your sweat pants."

I hear him in the closet looking in the pockets of his dirty pants anyway. He comes back in the bedroom and takes his sweat pants off the hook and feels around on them.

"They aren't in here." He glances out the window. His face brightens. "Oh! I bet I laid them on the truck along with my work gloves."

And down he goes.

Minutes pass. I hear him come back in, then the sound of him trudging up the stairs.

"No, they weren't there." Shaking his head, he put his hand to his shirt pocket to retrieve his sunglasses.

And there were the keys.

Well, that's all the news that is the news for now.

Ta Ta!

No comments :

Post a Comment