Tuesday, May 21, 2013

In a Foreign Land

Having to work on another computer besides my own seems a little like using your left instead of your right (if you are right handed, of course.)

It's awkward. I keep making typos because the key board is different. The typeset is different.

I don't like it.

I'm used to my stuff. I call this the 'only child syndrome'. I know, I know. I have two brothers. But I was an only child during my formative years, ten of them, in fact.

 I call myself an only child with two brothers. It works for me, so leave me alone.

It really is something one has to struggle with when in relationships with others, like a husband or a daughter.

Even though Daughter is an only child, the syndrome includes not understanding that other people are too, and need you to leave their stuff the heck alone.

Thank goodness her feet are skinnier and longer than mine. Although, she has managed to squeeze her foot into a couple of pair of my flats.

If I had all my clothes from the 1970's she could borrow them, but my current wardrobe is a bit large for her.

She can, however; fit into my wedding dress that I wore in 1972. And she's welcome to it, as long as she doesn't use it for its original intent.

And Husband? Ha, ha. He comes from a large family who shared one bathroom, and as far as I can tell, he respects in no way that anything belongs to anyone else. Well, unless it's his stuff, of course.

Not that I mind  him borrowing my tweezers, clippers, file, bookmark, book, etc. If he would just put it back where he got it.

But does he? Noooooo. And to add insult to injury, he can't remember what he did with it when he is finished using whatever it is.

Did I mention my keys??

At least when  Daughter 'borrows' something, she knows where she left it last.

So, anyway. I guess I shouldn't be griping, since I'm borrowing their computers.

And I promise I won't misplace it once I'm done.

Can you be homesick for your own computer? Maybe I should name it. Delores!

I've not even called to check on it. I mean, it isn't like it's a sick child or pet, and I figure they would see it as harassment. Husband says they were 'covered up' with work when he took it, and didn't know how long it would take to get to mine.

Must be a virus going around.

Until tomorrow: signing off with a hopes for a happy homecoming soon.

I miss you, Delores.

No comments :

Post a Comment