Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Christmas Closet

One morning, January of this year, my husband, David, and I were drinking our early morning cup of coffee. He had to get up and take out the dog, and while he was gone, this short story "fell into my head". It's really that simple - or that complicated - depending on which way you look at it, I guess.

In less than 2 minutes, there it was, and all I had to do was key it into the computer and tweak it a little.

I don't begin to understand how this kind of thing works, but many times I truly feel as though I am being used, the vessel, so to speak. If you are a writer, I'm sure that it happens that way for you, too. At least some of the time.

The Christmas Closet is a favorite of mine. I think it's a good story, and it brings back memories of my 1960's childhood. At least it's holding the attention of all the fifth graders at the middle school (after I tell them who Roy Rogers and Dale Evans were, of course).

THEY DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.

So, that story plus three others and a handful of poems make up, what I hope to be, a great little gift book for this Christmas. "The Christmas Closet and Other Works". You can find it here in Ellijay at Interiors, or The Christmas House, whichever you prefer to call it. And in Canton, at Yawn's Books and More, right on Main  Street.

It's also in my car being toted around.

Your kid got a teacher to give a gift? You drawing names in  your club/church group? Have a friend with whom you exchange 'cheap' gifts? (price, not quality, people!)

BOOK SIGNINGS: Friday, November 16 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm at Yawn's Books & More, Canton
AND Saturday, November 17 from 3:00 to 5:00 pm at Gilmer County Library, Ellijay

No comments :

Post a Comment