Monday, November 5, 2012

Signs from God

I have been desperate for a sign from God more than once in my life. Once, when I was told I was getting exactly what I'd been hoping for, I became afraid and asked God for a sign so I could be sure this was His will.

I suppose He said, "Well, I thought you already knew, but here goes..." And what followed was a week of signs raining down on me until it became ridiculous.

Good old Gideon in the Bible was almost as foolish as I, so I didn't feel too awfully bad about it.

Now, I have a new book coming out entitled, 'Signs from God' because there is a scene that is pivotal where God does indeed show the character a sign.

Oswald Chambers said only immature Christians need signs. That as we mature in our relationship with Christ, we trust more and more and eventually just allow Him to live in us and through us without our conscious effort. And it's true, lots of times I'm able to do that. But all the time? No. Not yet.

The book is a love story, sort of. Their relationship is more of the back story. I guess the real story is how things happen to us, one after another, until we're not sure we know what to do with our life at all.

If (and I hope when!) you read 'Signs from God' you will enjoy it for what it is - a simple book, an easy read, yet with a message that we all need to hear.

BOOK SIGNINGS: Friday, November 16 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm at Yawn's Books and More in Canton, Georgia                    Saturday, November 17 from 3 to 5 pm at Gilmer County Library in  Ellijay, Georgia

Hope to see you there!

No comments :

Post a Comment