Monday, November 28, 2016

Pass the Mush, Please

So, guess what happens the evening before Thanksgiving?

My crown falls out.

Yup.

I've had a world of trouble with this darn thing, as y'all know.

But Thanksgiving Eve? Really?

I call my dentist's office and of course they are all at home whipping up feasts that they can eat with all their teeth staying right where they belong.

But there is an emergency number for the dentist on call.

After a failed attempt at using the "Temp Dent" junk to make it stay on, I call that number.

I'll have to give that dentist credit. He answered on the second ring. Good old on call dentist.

"No, no!" He exclaimed when I told him I'd tried the temp dent. "Clean that stuff out as quickly as possible. Go to the drug store and buy some denture adhesive. Read the directions. It should work." Then he went into a somewhat dizzying explanation of how to put the crown back on. I didn't bother to tell him I'd already put it back on a zillion times. "I think you can do it!" He exclaimed. (He was very cheerleader like). "I can't see you because I'm on my way out of town."

Um, the on call dentist is leaving? What if I get hit in the mouth with a frozen turkey? Who ya gonna call? Mouth busters?

Anyway, Husband ran to the grocery store (to pick up the turkey, by the way) and got me some good old denture adhesive.

By cracky.

As of this writing, the crown is still in. My permanent crown has arrived at the dentist and if I can hang in there for three more days until my appointment, surely, surely, surely, the new crown will stay on.

I mean, what are the odds that it won't?

Don't answer that. I'd really rather not know. 

No comments :

Post a Comment