Saturday, November 19, 2016

Please! No more!

Dear (fill in charitable organization name here),

Please, please, I beg of you, no more!

I have address labels with my name and address on them. I have enough to wall paper every square inch of the Biltmore. I have enough, that if I mailed five letters a day, I would have to live to be 563 years, one week, three days and fifteen minutes before I could use them up. (And that would be only if the postman ran before I expired the fifteen minute day.)

I have them for every holiday, including ones I didn't know existed and don't know why we are celebrating it.

I have frilly ones, childish ones, serious ones, patriotic ones, and plain ones.

I have enough address labels for each man, woman and child on the planet, plus a few left over for those aliens everyone talks about.

Of course,  nobody could use 'em, unless an alien has my name.

I am at the point that I will give the charity money if they refuse to send me address labels. 

Or if they will take some back.

Just please, please stop. 

No comments :

Post a Comment