Monday, November 21, 2016

Oh, The Weather Outside is....Confused

As you know, if you live around here, mid-November looks and feels like mid to late October.

Extremely warm weather in November just ain't right.

Our tomato plants have remained strong and healthy with not only tomatoes blushing on the vine, ready to come in and finish ripening if it starts to get cold, but tiny, star shaped, yellow blooms all over them.

Now, I know this won't last (it didn't....) but for  now my heart beats a little faster when I look at them and envision summer tomato sammies well into December.

The fires are scary and everywhere, seemingly impossible to put out, and if the community is at odds with each other about everything else, they aren't at odds about how badly we need rain.

Me? I pray for rain several times a day.

And when it does turn cold, I'll be praying for snow while I sit in front of the fire eatin' me a mater sammich.

Ah, the best of both worlds!

No comments :

Post a Comment