Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Kefir This and Kefir That

Raise your hand if you like the taste of Kefir.

Now, log off. You have no reason to read this blog any further today.

I have a feeling no one left.

Why? Well, have you tasted Kefir?

It has the consistency of paint, it even smells like paint. It is lumpy and thick. 

It is alive, which squicks me out, as I mentioned in a previous blog.

I am mixing it with strawberry yogurt and graham crackers in an attempt to get it down every morning. That works pretty well if you like your yogurt tart.

At  night, I've started just chugging down a couple of ounces, then chasing it with cold water and a spoon full of yogurt.

I never knew I could be so brave.

And, it is  making me better. I am probably 90% better; looking forward to being well.

So, if you have tummy troubles of any kind, find someone who makes kefir at home. The grocery store kind has been pasteurized, and isn't very strong, and to top that off, it still tastes horrible. 

You remember Little Miss Muffet? She was eating kefir. Yep, it's curds and whey. I can't believe a spider frightened her if she was sitting on a tuffet (what the heck is a tuffet?) eating kefir. She shoulda just dumped the bowl on that big boy's head and kilt him dead.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna enter the tough  man contest. 

Can't be any worse than this.

No comments :

Post a Comment