Friday, January 22, 2016

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After waiting all day, it finally started snowing around 4:50 p.m. Big, fat, wet flakes, some stuck together as big as silver dollars. Within five minutes everything outside was white: trees, roof, cars and ground.

Beautiful stuff, snow.

Immediately our lights started flickering, one big brown out.

We all hollered, "NO! Don't do it." The lights stabilized and so far, so good (or I wouldn't be blogging, would I?)

I've watched it as long as I've been able, but now it's dark.

I wonder if we really will get eleven, eight, five, three inches. Heck, I was beginning to wonder if we were gonna get a flake.

Dog is fascinated, and Husband has gone back out, for the third time, with her. I think he needs to learn how to say no.

Daughter waited until the last minute to come home. I was getting antsy before she pulled up in the driveway.

Motherhood is hard.

Anyway, we are all home now, and safe. Except for husband, stomping around outside.

Wonder what the morning will look like?

No comments :

Post a Comment