Thursday, November 5, 2015

Whoosh!

I remember sitting in class in seventh grade (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth). The windows were cranked open, and I sat close enough to them that I could feel the breeze. We were in history class. For some reason that day, the teacher was talking about, not the past, but the future.

She wanted us to calculate how old we would be when the year 2000 rolled around.

We set to work. It would happen the month before my 46th birthday.

A lifetime away. I was impressed by how very far away that time was from my springtime, seventh grade classroom. And how very old I would be when that time arrived.

Woe is me.

It is an interesting thing to me how small moments like this stand out throughout one's lifetime. Little things, mostly.

I don't even know why I was thinking about that today.

So much has happened in my life since the year 2000 rolled in. Some good, some not so good.

Makes me see fleeting time as  nothing at all.

We are truly like dust in the wind.

No comments :

Post a Comment