Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Do You Smell That? Part 2

Okay, so the charred rat was taken away to the woods, the air finally cleared and our house was beginning to get warm again.

I went out to the studio to blog and do some other work on my computer, when out of the corner of my eye I saw something scurrying close to the baseboards.

I'm sure you know what this was.

I sat really still, and in a few minutes, the mouse got braver and came out into the room, about two feet from me. When it started toward me, I said, "Okay, that's a little too brave." I started clapping my hands and the mouse spazzed.

Frantically trying to find a tiny uncovered place underneath the door that leads to the garage, it kept banging its head on the rug that was stuffed there. But finally, it found the place where it had come in and disappeared.

Mice: 2   Humans 0. (I know the first one fried, but talk about disrupting our lives!)

I gave Husband the good news. He asked, "Do I have to kill it?"

"Not if you don't mind all our wires being chewed in half. The choice is yours."

He sighed heavily and set traps.

No sign of a creature stirring today.

Not even a mouse.

No comments :

Post a Comment