Monday, November 16, 2015

Dis and Dat

Looking back on most days, I don't understand why I am not downright svelte.

I go in and out of rooms on a constant basis, because once I get there I can't remember why, then I have to go back and remember. Then, of course, when I finally do remember, I have to go back in - quickly, so I don't forget again - and do or get whatever it was I started out for in the first place.  This entails going up and down stairs, I want to add. Why ain't I skinny?

Yesterday I reached in my winter coat pocket,wearing it for the first time this year, and felt an envelope. On the outside of the envelope it said: 'Kathi Hill:  Contempt of Court, Friday'. My heart skipped a little beat and I thought, intelligently enough, "HUH?"

The old light bulb came on and I remembered we saw a play by that name last year; this was the envelope the tickets were in.

And finally, I have to have some new clothes, people. Most my dress clothes are from when I worked, which was fine for the first decade of retirement, but they are beginning to look a little - shall we say - dated. 

You can send your donations for this endeavor to my street address, or I'll meet ya in town anywhere you say.

Over n Out, fer now.

No comments :

Post a Comment