Thursday, November 12, 2015

Lost and Found

Last night at Bible Study we looked at two of the lost and found parables that Jesus told when He was trying to get understanding through the thick headed, puffed up, know-it-all Pharisees. One was the lost sheep, the other the lost coin. You can find them in the Book of Luke, Chapter 15.

If you aren't familiar with the stores, the gist is, if you lose something, you leave what you know you have and seek out what it is you lost. Then when it's found, you rejoice and tell your friends.  (As the angels in Heaven rejoice when a lost soul is found.)

Oddly enough, I found something today I've been looking for, for at least three weeks.

Actually, Daughter found it by  mistake. She was looking for something else and stumbled over it.

For some reason, when I write a song, the lyrics and melody fall into my head at the same time.  But, as with anything that is new, if you don't record it some way, it's lost. I was on my way to lunch with friends and this song fell into my head. As soon as I parked, I sang it into my camera, recording it for later.

Well, that camera bit the dust last year. I still had the sims card, and assumed everything was still on it.

Not my song.

So Husband helped me look through every sims card we  have, and all his records of downloaded photos, etc. There were some videos, but not my song.

Daughter was looking for something we had, moments before recorded, and couldn't find it. We came to the conclusion that because the battery was low, the camera didn't really record. But while searching for the video, she went into windows media player and there it was!  

I did, indeed rejoice and tell Husband. 

I've worked on it all afternoon, and someday, if I can find someone to play a jazzy little tune on the piano for me, I might just sing it somewhere.

Any volunteers?

No comments :

Post a Comment