Tuesday, November 3, 2015

If You're Happy and You Know It

I don't care if Daughter is happy.

Well, that's not exactly true. Of course, when she is unhappy I feel that way a tad myself.

What I mean to say, is, I'd rather her be at peace and know where she's headed in this world, even if it means being unhappy at times.

And, being a Christian, I want her to be in God's will; which is the only permanent happiness there will be anyway.

I'm not sure God really cares if we are happy, either. Happiness is a fickle emotion that comes and goes, usually due to circumstances. 

He's more concerned with our joy; certainly a different thing than  happiness. I think we forget that most the time. Or confuse the two.

There are times when I am most unhappy. But I still have the peace and the joy that I received from The Lord God; and that will not be taken from me, even if sometimes it is a tiny little ember than can barely be felt.

Do I want Daughter to be happy?

Eh.

Do I want her to have joy?

You bet I do.

1 comment :

  1. Yep- I pray NOT for success or joy for my kids, but for a deepening, abiding relationship with the L^rd!- and I pray it for myself as well as for my wife and children.

    ReplyDelete