Friday, September 27, 2013

Pain is a Funny Thing

Obviously I don't mean funny ha-ha, but funny odd.

For whatever reason, I have been in more pain than usual today. Blame it on the weather, blame it on how I slept, blame it on whatever you so desire.

I remember after surgery I would have terrible days, when things had been looking up. I'd wrack my brain trying to figure out what I'd done wrong.

Unfortunately, there is no rhyme nor reason as to the upswing of pain. It suddenly becomes a beast that only yesterday was an irritant. And maybe (hoping) tomorrow it will go back to being just an irritant.

When I get in this shape, I fantasize about the time that will come when I won't have pain anymore, that I will  have a whole and healthy body. I try to remember this part of life is only for the blink of an eye, nothing compared to what is to come.

God provided a miracle yesterday in our family. I am still hungover with being awestruck from that. When I called people to tell them the results of corporal prayer, many actually laughed out loud with joy.

A taste of what's to come.

So, what do I blame my bad pain days on? The fall (of mankind).

And yes, I am aware of the pun.

Say a prayer for me today, and never hesitate to ask the same from me.

We can pray, no matter what.

No comments :

Post a Comment