Saturday, July 6, 2013

Which Way is Up? Look, in the Sky! I't s a Plane, It's a Big Old Bird! NO! It's Superman!!

These past few days have been a whirlwind. I thought being sick and in bed for so long was messing up my mind as to being oriented times whatever.

But there's nothing like being asleep for two hours, being awakened, rushing to a hospital and....waiting.

All night.

After the initial adrenalin rush and the crash into bed, it really becomes confusing. The 4th of July was spent asleep off and on, not that it mattered, as the monsoon season is upon us.

So I've been turned around and confused for a month now. If you see me crossing the street, please rush to help me, even if you aren't a Boy  Scout.  Thank you.

To try to get in the holiday spirit of doing something fun:

Yesterday we decided to go to the movies. This is no small decision for me, due to my back and legs. But I've always been a sucker for Superman, what can I say.

When I was a little girl, George Reeves was Superman. I loved him.

Then Christopher Reeve came on the scene, and I loved the first movie. The second was okay, and then it just got silly. (Do NOT tell me a man in tights that flies around is silly, okay?)

Dean Cain took over and won my heart in "The Adventures of Lois and Clark". I didn't think he would, because he didn't look like the typical blue eyed Caucasian male. He has a little Chinese in him, and his eyes are small and brown. But he became superman effortlessly and I loved him.

"Smallville" starring Tom Welling was pretty good the first year, but I lost interest because the show was geared for teenagers and I haven't been one of those in a while. Tom and Henry Cavill, who is the latest Man of Steel look a lot alike, by the way. As they should, I guess.

"The Man of Steel" movie was okay. They got the right look for Clark Kent/Superman. Lois Lane was pretty good, although her hair was the wrong color (I'm picky!). But it was about twenty minutes too long. Too many buildings crashing, cars crashing, stuff blowing up, blah, blah, blah. Enough is enough.

Jon Peters directed this movie. You remember him, of course. He started out as Barbra Streisand's hair dresser.

No monkey.

On the way home someone remembered that there had been a Superman movie a few years back. Husband remembered that Ben Affleck played Superman in some movie. Boyfriend (Daughter's, not mine) said, "No Way!" and the conversationalists were unanimous  in that no one had watched it. I remember thinking I didn't want to see it, because Ben Affleck is no Superman.

So, this morning I looked it up. He didn't really play Superman in the movie, Mr. Affleck played George Reeves, who played Superman, and apparently did a really good job.

My apologies to negating Mr. Affleck. See what happens when you assume?

Anyway, my next movie, I hope, will be "The Lone Ranger". I have always loved him, too.

They tell me Johnny Depp as Tonto steals the show, and why am I not surprised?

Henry Cavill just better be glad Mr. Depp didn't want the part of Jimmy Olson.

No comments :

Post a Comment