Monday, July 8, 2013

News From Around The World

1. I sold four books this week. Two of them were purchased by people in the United Kingdom.

Go figure.

2.  The White-throated Needletail bird, (my husband was calling it the Pin Tail Tit - what has that man been reading?) has not been seen in twenty-two years. It was spotted in Scotland recently. Birdwatchers gathered in an excited flock to see this endangered species. And there it was! Before their very eyes! The bird flew straight into a wind turbine and was killed instantly.

This explains two things: 1: Why they were/are endangered in the first place, and
                                     2: Why going green ain't always what it's cracked up to be.

3. I recently watched a YouTube video of the 2007 competition for Miss Teen America. (I didn't say the news was current).  It was Miss South Carolina's turn. Listen carefully: this girl does NOT have a southern accent. She's a transplant, has to be, or one of those who try desperately not to be who their roots say they are. You can be glad, fellow Georgians, that the sash she is wearing doesn't say GEORGIA across the front. And for that, I praise the good Lord.  Listen:
There is probably a lot more news out there right now, but I don't know how much more, dear reader, you can take at one whack.

So, I'll leave  you with these.

Happy pondering!

No comments :

Post a Comment