Saturday, December 29, 2012

Cornbread, Green Beans and Snow Flakes

When you have someone in your home visiting who is a Southerner at heart, they beg - like a dog for a biscuit - for cornbread and green beans.

I know this, because I have witnessed it a lot these past few days. She's short, but I can still tell when she's on her knees.

But she does NOT like snow. Raised in the North where it is a curse instead of a blessing (what do they know?), she hasn't been impressed much with our here a flake, there a flake kind of snow today. But now, as I write, there are lotsa flakes and the ground is suddenly white.

Maybe she'll get snowed in! Maybe we can't get her back to her flight tomorrow!  Maybe she'll have to stay an extra day!

For the first time in her life, snow has put a smile on her face.

I think I'll go and bake another pone of bread. You know - just in case.


No comments :

Post a Comment