Saturday, October 15, 2016

Things I Now Know Are Not True

When I was a child, I believed a lot of things that I now know are not true.

1. Our house was not dirty and needed paint. It was really gray. The other houses in the neighborhood were white, so you can see how I reached my conclusion.

2. My face will not freeze like that.

3. My eyes won't get stuck and be crossed for the rest of my life.

4. All dogs are not boys, nor are all cats girls.

5. Christmas (or summer) will never, ever get here.

6. I have all the time in the world.

7. People I love will live forever.

8. Bad things happen somewhere else.

9. I will never grow old like everybody else does.

10. If a praying mantis spits in my eye, I'll go blind.


                         Okay, maybe I still believe the last one.

No comments :

Post a Comment