Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I Crown Thee

I lost a crown.

I feel sorta like one of those shamed beauty queens who must relinquish the title and give all the stuff back.

I'd had this crown for at least twenty-five years, so it was kinda hard to swallow.

Thank goodness I didn't.

Three dentists have been confounded as to how it stayed on in the first place, being as it is way too big for the tooth.

Dentist #3 says there had to have been a filling on top of the tooth, and when the crown fell off, the filling came off, too.

Don't ask why I've seen three dentists, it's a long story, and it has  nothing to do with disliking any of them. Just a comedy of events that has this dang crown out of my  mouth  more than in.

Now, I have an appointment to begin the lengthy and EXPENSIVE process of replacing this crown with another permanent crown that is hopefully just the right size. 

You  know, I've been looking at this crown a lot. When a crown is in your mouth, it looks just like a tooth. Not so much out of your mouth. It looks more like a tin can with white paint on top.

Think of it as a wig for teeth.

I don't understand how this piece of metal dipped in porcelain can cost more than my first car. If you're a dentist, why don't you explain it to me, cause I sure can't figure it out.

I'll just be glad to have one that doesn't keep popping out every other day. 

If you see me in the near future, don't be offended if I am talking to you with clenched teeth, or refuse to smile. 

I don't think I have to explain.

No comments :

Post a Comment