Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Sports Nuts

I pay no attention whatsoever to sports. The only time I am even mildly interested is when the Dawgs play Tech. and I want to know who wins at the end.

Having said that, yesterday left me drained and amazed when  I was presented with an event that was right in front of me.

Daughter and I were in Buffalo Luke's eating the best chicken sandwich I have ever eaten in my life (except for the other one I had there previously) and fresh, cut and cooked-right-there french fries. 

I need to take a moment.

Anywho, they have TV's everywhere, so right at our table was one, with a sports event just beginning. I couldn't figure out what it was at first, because they didn't have the sound on.

It was all guys (and you'll understand why in a moment); and at first they looked pretty athletic. Then this old man came down the walk. Indeed they said he was the oldest man ever to enter the competition. He was 72 and was five six at 115 pounds. I found myself hoping he didn't get crushed by the others.

Then there were some pretty fat fellas.

They were all dressed differently from one another, but each guy's theme was red, white and blue. They each had a cheerleader, too.

The competitors all lined up behind this long table. The cameras focused mainly on the champ who had broken a world's record of 73 and 1/2.

He ate 73 and 1/2 hot dogs in ten minutes.

They started the contest. It really was like a train wreck as far as  not wanting to look but unable to stop.

My own food dangled somewhere between the plate and my mouth. 

It was so very, very, gross.

He didn't beat his own record, he only got seventy hot dogs eaten. In ten minutes, people.

You understand why it was all males in this competition? 

I thought so.



No comments :

Post a Comment