Thursday, July 14, 2016

Shave and a Hair Cut, Two Bits

You know, you really are never too old to learn something.

I get that. But sometimes I learn something and people act like I should have known all along - everyone else already knows.

I did not know women shave their faces.

Apparently it's a very normal, casual thing.

The first time I heard about it was a few years ago from a young lady. We were about to be on television and were having a conversation about make up. She said she shaves her face anytime she is having a photo taken because it makes make up go on much smoother. She learned this from a friend who is a model. Models, apparently, shave their face regularly when they are working.

Then a hair dresser friend told me she had started shaving her face in her fifties because of (you'll be surprised) facial hair. Okay, you weren't surprised.

No pain, no waxing, no tweezing. And no, apparently the hair doesn't grow back so that you look like a lumberjack.

Then another hairdresser told me the same thing.

There are more women that have told me that than this, but I'm afraid my mind boggled.

Now, I've never been very hairy. Even eyebrows are pretty scarce. So facial hair has never been a concern. But the last few years my peach fuzz on my cheeks are fuzzier and we won't mention "old lady hairs" as one of my friend's so fondly calls them.

So. I'm gonna bite the bullet.

Next time you see me, if I have a little piece of toilet paper stuck to my cheek, think nothing of it.

I'm just being one of the guys.

No comments :

Post a Comment