Saturday, July 25, 2015

Ain't God Funny?

For those of you who know me, you will find this following "short story" (and I do mean short) pretty dumb founding.

I wrote this when I was sixteen or so, and back then my short stories were around a page or two. I was learning the craft, I guess.

It's not the length or the astounding talent (ha) that will get you...it's the content.

Read and be amazed. I know I was. I really was:

They looked at the small baby cradled in her arms.
When he frowned, you could see the dimples that both his young mother and father had.
His eyes were brown, like his father’s, his hair blond, like his mother’s.
A few freckles dotted his nose. Neither of the parents had freckles, but the father’s kid brother had them – millions of them.
His nose was shaped exactly like his father’s, but his face was beautifully oval and smooth, like his mother’s.
It seemed as if each of the parent’s best qualities had been put together and molded into this child.
He was beautiful.
The young parents looked at each other and smiled.
No one would ever know he had been adopted.


See what I mean?

No comments :

Post a Comment