Friday, January 23, 2015

Brand New Stuff

They say we are never too old to do new things.

I'd like to kick "they" in the butt.

Oh, in the past week, I've done several new things.

I had an anaphylactic reaction to something Saturday. Maybe turmeric, a widely used spice, at least that's the best bet until I can see an allergist.

I rode in an ambulance for the first time.

I had Benadryl IV and by injection for the first time.

My blood pressure was 158/125 for the first time.

You get the picture.

I've also had an appointment with a G.I. for the first time.

I'm afraid to eat for the first time, and boy is that saying a lot.

There are probably other firsts, but I've been pretty busy with what I've mentioned.

I haven't had the opportunity to get book signings scheduled or interviews either. My brand new book is just waiting patiently in boxes.

Here's to hoping next week is a whole new ballgame - one in which I'm on the winning team.

No comments :

Post a Comment