Sunday, December 14, 2014

Alone

I usually don't blog on Sunday.

I am never alone on Sunday, but today I am, so there you are. I thought I'd blog.

Husband and Daughter are at church. I am missing Husband's - what I'm sure will be stellar - performance in the Christmas play. He is a "middle-aged farmer" and if that ain't stretching the truth, I don't know what is.

I started feeling sick night before last, but I thought I was having an allergic reaction to the dust on the tree we had brought up to decorate. I'm allergic  to household dust, which usually just comes in handy for an excuse not to be able to dust.  If it isn't stirred up, it doesn't bother me.

But then, as the day drew longer yesterday, I got sicker and sicker. Ran a fever last night.

I think I have a raging sinus infection.

Yay, me.

No problem that we have a Sunday School Christmas party right here at the house this afternoon.

Thus far, I have missed the Thanksgiving service at church, which included a meal and communion. I have missed several church services and Bible studies lately. I  missed a play we had tickets for. I missed the WMU Christmas dinner.

There are probably other things to add to the list, but I stopped keeping track.

At this afternoon's party, I shall just be quiet and good and smile a lot.

This, too, shall pass and I'll be well again.

But for now, I'm alone.

On Sunday morning.

No comments :

Post a Comment