Saturday, November 8, 2014

May I Take Your Order, Please?

There is a certain fast food restaurant in town that has a little quirk.

You almost never get what you order when you order through the drive-thru.

Apparently, they got enough complaints to put up a sign that says, "PLEASE CHECK YOUR ORDER BEFORE DRIVING AWAY!"

Okay, well, fine. But sometimes there are people waiting behind you and you just count and make sure there are the same number of things in there that you ordered. Because  once I got home with no food for me-but they got everyone else's correct.

For instance, say you order a cheeseburger, a chili dog, two orders of fries and an ice cream.

You get home and you have a chicken sandwich, a cheese sandwich, onion rings and the ice cream if you happened to have notice they didn't give it to you before you drove off.

The other day I ordered food and a chocolate milkshake and a vanilla milkshake.  The woman gave me the bag of food, which Daughter checked while we waited on the shakes. The bagged stuff was correct. Then the lady hung out the window, "Here ya go! One chocolate and one strawberry milkshake!"

"Uh, I ordered vanilla, not strawberry."

I swan, she looked me right in the eye, then rolled her eyes and snatched the strawberry shake back. I finally got my vanilla.

One time we got an extra order of fries.

The other morning Mother and I had to have blood work done early, and of course by the time it was over we were starving. We pulled into the drive-thru and I ordered two egg and cheese biscuits.

When we got to her house we had two egg and ham biscuits.

So, next time I'm at the drive-thru, when they say 'May I take your order, please?' I'm gonna say, "Nah. Surprise me. You always do anyway."

It's called going with the flow.

No comments :

Post a Comment