Friday, November 14, 2014

Poet's Corner

Have you noticed how every male over age twelve is suddenly growing a beard? I feel like Duck Dynasty has taken over the dang world. 

Unfortunately, I ain't one for beards. Never have been. So I go around thinking, "He would be so much better looking if he'd just shave."

This turned into a discussion with family a few minutes ago, and I saw fit to write a poem.

So, hang on and bear with me: it's short.

Guys can be weird
When it comes to a beard.
Sometimes it's a waste
To hide a handsome face.
But, on the other hand,
Depending on where you stand,
Some men - like Santa Claus,
When shaven, would give one pause.
But I still say for most fellas,
Whether it's black, brown, red or yella,
If you'd shave it off you'd look much sweeter.
So the gal of your dreams, when you meet her,
Won't have to wonder and ponder and guess,
If your face is handsome or one ugly mess!

That is all. Resume your lives.

No comments :

Post a Comment