Friday, January 31, 2014

The Day After

I figured I better blog tonight so no one would think I'd gone berserk and eaten my young.

Nope.

The salt truck and scraper came and Husband ran out to town like a scalded dog. That was a good thing because we were needing groceries. Husband usually grocery shops on Wednesday, so we were two days behind.

Unfortunately, everyone else was two days behind right along beside him. Plus some foul odor and loud noise was attacking the grocery store. Husband said two ladies walked by with their mouths covered with cloth. He just walked out and left the buggy.

Then he went to Wal-mart.

Husband found out there are far worse things than wives who write strange blogs.

Since Husband had such a lovely time, Daughter and I finally took the cats to the vet. I only got one teeny tiny scratch from Lilly after we cornered her attempting to put her in the carrier.

We got back home with nary another scratch. There was still some slush on the bad shady part of the road, and it will refreeze tonight, but thaw again tomorrow.

I hear it's going to snow next week.

I reckon I'm ready as I'll ever be.

Now that I got out, I remembered it ain't all it's cracked up to be.

There is no place like home, Auntie Em.

No comments :

Post a Comment