Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Let the Music Begin!

Yesterday afternoon Husband, Daughter and I went to a concert. The Sons of Jubal were performing locally.

We thought that by going to the four o'clock concert we could get a good seat wherever we wanted, if we got there early.

Not so.

We arrived a half hour before the concert. The place was packed. We were seated on the front row.

In the trombone section.

And I do  mean in the trombone section.

If I had been sitting in front of the first trombone instead of to the side, I'da been goosed every time he slid the slide part of the trombone.

I could feel the music in my chest. A real visceral reaction.

Needless to say, I removed the hearing aids from my delicate ears rather quickly.

At least we didn't have to stand in the vestibule for the whole concert, as many people did.

For the first few songs, some of the 127 men stood in the aisles while others were in front. It was true surround sound that had me almost swaying in my seat.

The beauty of this concert is beyond description. I laughed, I cried. I could not be still.

The Sons of Jubal get their name from the Bible. Jubal was a descendant of Cain. He was a musician, known as the Father of all who played the harp and the flute.

Hmmm. Since my maiden name is Harper, and my ancestors played the harp in Scotland, I must be a descendant of good old Jubal. This is great!

If you happen to have an atheist or agnostic hanging around, I highly recommend taking them to a Sons of Jubal concert.

I can't imagine anyone walking away from this concert without being moved, and deeply moved, at that.

They might not come to the Master's Voice.

But they'll hear it.

No comments :

Post a Comment