Friday, August 22, 2014

What a Day!

What a day!

I've been like a gerbil on one of those wheel thingies where somebody turned the motor on full speed ahead.

We are trying to get pictures made of the inside and outside of our house and garage to make sure it is insured sufficiently.

Now, that sounds easy. Snap a few pictures, slap it on a thumb drive and you are done as soon as you drop it off at the insurance office. Right?

W.R.O.N.G.

Things like french doors, special ceilings, ceiling fans, wood floors, raised panel doors and cabinet doors, masonry fireplaces, turned banisters and posts, odd shaped corners, special windows, etc. All this makes a difference as to whether your house is standard or customized or some other ranking thing above that.

That, of course, doesn't cover that you are supposed to open drawers, closets and cabinets for snapshots inside them.

Our drawers? Our closets?

Oh, lawd.

Ain't nobody wantin' to see that.

As it is, I had to make up the bed,  move all the baskets of dirty clothes for the washing machine/dryer pic, make sure I wasn't in pictures where mirrors were involved. And try to keep cats out of the pictures, at which I was unsuccessful.

Then I'd think I was finished and realize I hadn't made a picture of the skylight in the bathroom, or the parquet floor in Daughter's room.

And we measured the square footage wrong.

At last, between that and a few other unsavory chores, my day is as shot as a rabbit huntin' shot gun shell.

Keep your fingers crossed I know how to load the pictures to a thumb drive....

No comments :

Post a Comment