Friday, August 15, 2014

A Joyous Post

Gather 'round, Brothers and Sisters for I have a wonderful tale to share.

You've heard of the perfect storm, no? Well, tonight I had the perfect meal.

Details, you say, details!

Here they are:

The bread was fresh. Never opened until that very moment. I carefully removed two pieces. Crusty, fresh, soft in the middle...

I lovingly removed the Blue Plate from the fridge and got a nice, wide knife with which to apply it liberally on both pieces of the bread.

Then I reached for the tomato.

Yes, Brothers and Sisters. It was dark red, almost bursting through its skin. The smell was divine.

I washed it carefully.

Getting a sharp knife, I sliced through the top and laid it aside.

Then I reverently sliced more onto the open, waiting bread.

Cutting the sandwich in half, I gently carried it to the table.

I poured my drink.

The sweet milk was so cold that it felt like I was pouring it on me instead of in me.

Bliss.

Need I say more?

No comments :

Post a Comment