Thursday, August 15, 2013

It's Already Happening

Yesterday morning Husband and I went walking along the river. I felt a stiff breeze waft through my wet corkscrew (although still beautiful and blonde) hair and thought to myself, "That feels like the fall of the year."

I looked up, and lo and behold, five or six leaves came floating down.

This morning, when I was in the shower, I looked out the transom window (on the second floor) and at the very tippy top of the oak tree what did I see? That's right, red leaves.

So, I guess fall is on its way. You could certainly feel it in the air this morning.

Our summer has been not very hot, but very, very wet. All the 'old timers' used to say if it rained the first day of Dog Days it would rain every day until Dog Days was over. 

That's certainly been true this year. It had not rained all day  yesterday. As I was coming to bed, Husband raised his  head and said, "I think it just started raining." 

And it had. It rained for just a few minutes, as if to say, "There, I've rained today."

Then it stopped.

I've seen no rain today, but I will be more surprised if it doesn't than if it does.

I ain't complaining, mind you. 

I HATE hot weather. July to mid-August is the only time of year I don't like Georgia weather. 

And this year?

No hate from me.

I  hear people asking, "Does this mean we are going to have a bad winter?"

Beats me. 

But you know what I always say, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."

Runs far, far away.

No comments :

Post a Comment