Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hangin' It Up

I got this harebrained idea to take down all the curtains and wash them.

Seriously, I need some  medication. What was I thinking?

Looking back, I think the cobwebs, cat hair and dust added a certain ambiance to the rooms. Truly, it did.

Husband and I were attempting to hang up the blindingly clean kitchen valances in the bay window this morning. Now, as I may have mentioned a hundred times or so, I have issues with my back, and raising my arms above my head is not a good idea.

So, I figured if Husband helped, I'd only have to do this at a minimum. Once again, what was I thinking?

During The Hanging Of Curtains several things happened:
 1. I ripped a fingernail off. You know, where the  nail gets bent backwards first? And you don't think like a Sunday School teacher for a few seconds?
2. I had a hot flash in the middle of it all.
3. I got stung/bit by an unknown bug.
4. The phone rang. The garage, who has our truck because it died, called and someone had locked the keys inside the car. Did we have a spare key? So, of course, Husband stopped The Hanging Of Curtains to begin The Search for The Truck Keys. He looked where we had thrown carefully stored spare keys and began trashing the kitchen with them. He has keys all the way back to the first car he bought at age twelve, when the guy let him drive home - all by himself. Half way home the seat, which was unbolted, fell backward, and my twelve year old Husband was driving down the road with his feet up in the air, his sweet little head resting on the back seat. Husband's Mama was a little upset and had a few words with the car salesman. Husband got his money refunded promptly.

As soon as the kitchen looked like a used key factory after a tornado, the 25 watt came on over Husband's  head and he remembered he had one of those metal box thingies under the truck where a spare key was kept. You see, Husband locks his keys in a vehicle every three months or so, give a month here or there.

Meanwhile, I continued to hang curtains. Including the one Husband had hung prior to the phone call, because he'd hung the curtain wrong side out.

I'm left with a torn thumb nail waaaay down the nail bed, sweaty clothes and muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders.

The curtains look nice though.


No comments :

Post a Comment