Tuesday, August 20, 2013

BANG!

RECENT HEADLINES:


 1. Boy, 7, suspended for throwing imaginary grenade in Colorado

2.  Little 5 Year Old Boy Suspended For Making "Lego Gun" At School in Mass.

3. Boy Suspended From School For Making “Gun” Out Of A Pop-Tart

4. A 7-year-old was suspended for two days for his Pop Tart weapon In Md.


5. Parents Furious After Boys Suspended For Using Fingers As Guns (age six) in Md.

                                                    *********************

1966: from "The Sonny Side of Cher" her second single "My Baby Shot Me Down"

I was five and you were six
We rose on horses made of sticks
I wore black you wore white
You would always win the fight

Bang bang you shot me down
Bang bang I hit the ground
Bang bang that awful sound
Bang bang my baby shot me down
I sang that song at the top of my lungs, as I did every Cher song I memorized when I was twelve.

For the record (no pun intended)  I was never suspended from school.

I guess I've led a charmed life.

No comments :

Post a Comment